FDPA is Fair Districts PA, a nonpartisan, statewide coalition of individuals and organizations working to ensure Pennsylvania’s redistricting process is transparent, impartial, accountable, and fair. Our objective is to eliminate gerrymandering in Pennsylvania, widely recognized as one of the most gerrymandered states in the US, by amending the PA Constitution.
Joe McLaughlin is a speaker for FDPA. Go here to schedule a speaker.
LEGISLATOR REFERENCE BINDER ITEMS
Select the Follow button to the right for updates.
- My card is in .pub (MS Publisher) format, which can’t be uploaded to WordPress. The files print 10 cards, front and back, on Avery 8876 sheets. Email me directly at jfmclaugh @gmail.com and I’ll send them along.
- Alternate method : If you don’t have Publisher, I created a MS Word version. You may be able to work with it on either a PC or a Mac. My version of Word (Office 2016 Standard) doesn’t allow publishing on Avery 8876, so an alternate to Publisher must be found. Here are some possibilities for Mac users: 10 Free and Affordable Alternatives to Publisher for Mac
LEGISLATOR’S REFERENCE BINDER
I prepared a binder for our legislator that will be delivered to his office. It’s a lime green (perfect FDPA color) view-front (a clear pocket to hold 8.5×11) binder from our local Office Max for $4.99 (unfortunately I couldn’t find it for reference on their web site). Inside is a short clear pocket in which I stuck 2 biz cards from above (one shows front, the other back). You might also upload any of the files in the binder (see section below) on a tiny flash drive and attach it to the inside of the binder.
FILES TO INCLUDE IN THE BINDER
Most of the following files are found in the FDPA Dropbox site, but not everyone has access, and even if you do some work goes into finding them. So I included pages that you probably want to add to the binder.
Please be aware that this is a work in progress, and every legislator responds to constituents and situations differently; the maps referenced in the ToC, for example, haven’t been created yet.
Hopefully you have a “legislator whisperer” like ours who guides us! Be sure to visit FDPA’s site page on visits to legislators. Here’s an excellent video on the subject: Effective Lobbying: The Advocacy Team Approach. (Note that the information about worksheets is wrong. The correct location in the FDPA Dropbox is Training Materials)
- Table of Contents
- Summary of Fair Districts PA Endorsed Redistricting Reform Legislation
- Gerrymandering and the Industry of Politics
- Fair Districts PA Urges Support of an Amendment to the Pennsylvania Constitution- Senate Bill 22 and House Bill 722 (FDPA 2017 legislator info
- Gerrymandering Lawsuit Victory Explainer
- Efficiency Gap Explainer
FDPA PRESENTATIONS by Joe McLaughlin
- The Governator: Link to the Youtube version or my sanitized version
- Presentation given on August 21, 2017